Kyleu Bush Camp is a dream come true for our family. Named after our 2 sons, Kyran and Leuan, these camp grounds are very close to our heart. It is a family run business and we promise to make sure that every guest that stays at Kyleu feels comfortable.
Kyleu Bush Camp aims to position ourselves in the market for affordable, luxurious bushveld accommodation for those with tents, off-road trailers or caravans. Our main aim is to provide a memorable and unique bushveld experience accommodating all ages and abilities. The atmosphere of our camp will provide both tranquil environments for a secluded bushveld experience as well as activities and amenities for children for a more family orientated experience.
Kyleu Bush Camp will launch in various phases: our first phase has launched and is an open bush camp without fences. What a magical way to experience the bushveld.
We look forward to hosting you at our bush camp.
Leuan, Devon, Kyran, Sherri
Open Bush Camp
Our open bush camp at the moment consists of 4 rather exclusive campsites (another 4 to be added soon). Each stand is spacious and is surrounded by bushveld where the big 5 and other animals are free to roam. This area of KYLEU Bush Camp is not fenced - what better way to experience the bushveld. Each stand has a large private ablution.
Camping @ KYLEU open bush camp is ENTIRELY at YOUR OWN RISK. KYLEU Bush Camp and its owners will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage to persons or personal property while on the premises or excursions in the greater Dinokeng.
Please note the following:
· Each stand is spacious and allows for 4 guests (maximum 8) per night
· Stands are at least 40m from each other and KYLEU open bush camp offers relative exclusivity for a tranquil bushveld experience.
· Each stand has its own private ablution equipped with a shower, toilet and hand basin as well as a wash-up for dishes. There is also hot water to make your stay more enjoyable.
· Each ablution is equipped with solar-powered LED lights – we cannot ensure that there is sunshine every day, so please make sure you have additional lighting if necessary.
· There is NO ELECTRICITY at the camp site.
· Each stand has braai facilities. 1 complimentary bag of wood will be provided for each day’s stay. Please only make fire in the designated area. Extra wood is available for purchase at KYLEU.
· No firewood or kindling is to be collected from the surrounding bushveld.
· Please do not attempt to touch or play with any snakes on the property. Stay calm and stay still until the snake moves away from you. In most cases snakes do not attack people. Please report any sightings to management.
All animals should be treated with respect as they are wild.
Open Bush Camp Rates
Peak school holiday season
March/April, Sept/Oct, Dec/Jan R200 p/person p/night (min 2 nights)
Weekend (incl Long weekends) R170 p/person p/night (min 2 nights)
Week (Mon - Thurs) Out of Season R120 p/person p/night
Pensioners (Mon-Thurs) Out of Season R100 p/person p/night
Children under 6 FREE
We strive for a tranquil bushveld experience and so the maximum per stand is:
8 guests, 2 caravans/off-road trailers, 2 vehicles
TERMS and CONDITIONS APPLY
Map and Directions
Travel north on N1 from Pretoria.
Take Hammanskraal offramp – through tollgate.
Turn RIGHT and go over highway.
First street LEFT.
Continue until Dinokeng Tau Gate. Take ticket.
Travel 4.8km with main road.
Turn RIGHT onto Kaallaagte dirt road.
Continue for 2km.
Turn RIGHT into Kyleu Bush Camp.
Activities Near Us
Self drive route
Hot air ballooning
Mystic Monkeys and Feathers Wildlife Park
T's and C's
KYLEU Bush Camp is situated in Dinokeng which is a Big 5 game reserve. Dangerous animals walk around freely. Please take the time to read through the terms and conditions of KYLEU Bush Camp. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations of the camp in order to ensure a pleasant stay.
· Insurance of personal items
· Supervise children and minors staying with you
· Respect the privacy of other guests
· Report any irregular deeds by fellow guests to KYLEU management
· Use the available facilities with responsibility and accountability
CHECK IN TIMES:
· In Season: Arrival 14h00 Departure 12h00
· Out of season: Arrival 14h00 Departure 14h00
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
· All prices quoted are subject to change without prior notice.
· Weekends and long weekends can only be booked as a whole.
· Prices for KYLEU do not include the Dinokeng levy payable at KYLEU or the main gate at the end of your stay.
· No pets are allowed on the property.
· Smokers should make use of the ashtrays provided and always take care when extinguishing a cigarette butt.
· Fires are ONLY to be made in the designated fire pit areas provided and you must please ensure that fires are completely extinguished before leaving the area or before going to bed.
· Day visitors are allowed on the premises (as your guests) at an additional charge (see rates) pending prior arrangement with management, and must vacate the camp by the latest 18h00.
· Music played must be kept at a reasonable and respectfully low level at all times and must not be a nuisance to other guests.
· Zero noise levels after 22h00.
· Make sure your tents/caravans/trailers are locked when leaving the premises.
· Please use water and electricity sparingly.
· Unless otherwise indicated, the speed limit within the camp and the reserve is 20 km/h.
· Guests may only drive on the main thoroughfare or servitude roads within the reserve. No other driving is permitted UNLESS you are in possession of an OFFICIAL SELF-DRIVE ROUTE PERMIT. Permits for this route may be purchased at KYLEU bush camp, the reserve entrance gates, or at the entrance to the Wilderness Way route.
· KYLEU has a no littering policy – please make use of the rubbish bins provided.
· Camping is entirely at own risk. KYLEU and its owners will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage to persons or personal property while on the premises or excursions in the greater Dinokeng.
Should any of the rules not be adhered to, we reserve the right to admission. Misbehaviour will not be tolerated, and guests failing to adhere to the rules will be asked to vacate the premises immediately, with no refunds.
· Only cash, bank transfers or deposits are accepted at this stage.
· DEPOSIT: 50% of your reservation must be paid within 48 hours of receiving your invoice so as to ensure your booking. If not received, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
· BALANCE of reservation to be paid 48 hours before arrival date.
· Should the reservation be made 48 hours or less prior to your arrival date, the full cost of your accommodation must be paid immediately to secure your booking.
· Please send all proof of payments to firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATIONS (written): A reservation which is cancelled or not taken up, is regarded as a cancellation and is subject to the following rules:
· For a cancellation made 31 days or more prior to the arrival date, 25% of the full reservation amount will be forfeited; if the booking cannot be moved to another suitable date.
· For a cancellation made 30 - 15 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the full reservation amount will be forfeited; if the booking cannot be moved to another suitable date.
· For a cancellation made 14 -8 days prior to the arrival date, 75% of the full reservation amount will be forfeited; if the booking cannot be moved to another suitable date.
· For a cancellation made 7 days or less prior to the arrival date, or on the arrival date, 100% of the full reservation amount will be forfeited; However should we be able to have your specific reservation be taken up within the 7 Days of the reservation by someone else, you will be given the option to move your booking to another suitable date.
· No credit will be given for any decrease in the number of people on your booking
· Should the number of guests on your booking increase, any additional charges related thereto must be paid in full prior to arrival.
In case of an emergency please advise management on 060 458 4478.
KYLEU management thanks you in advance for respecting the rules and abiding by them and we hope you will have an enjoyable stay!